WAREHOUSE AND LOGISTICS MANAGER
Our client is a startup telecom infrastructure company in Nigeria with an innovative approach to hosting base stations for telecom majors. Due to internal vacancies, they are looking to hire a Warehouse and Logistics Manager.
The Warehouse and Logistics Manager is responsible for the direct management and handling of all warehousing and distribution functions at the company’s warehouse facilities. This includes accountability for inbound and outbound freight, as well as adherence to legislative, safety, and organizational policies and procedures.
The Warehouse Manager will also provide effective logistics oversight through strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Manage the receiving, shipping, handling, distribution, and storage of all freight, product and supplies that come in and out of the warehouses.
- Maintain standard receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing personnel and operational policies and procedures.
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation of all products/goods in the CKD and finished goods warehouse.
- Responsible for managing third party logistics providers.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Ensure all production orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels of supplies/products, identify discrepancies if any and take necessary action.
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss/theft or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs;
- use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle;
- use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements;
- allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs;
- liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers;
- develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions;
- continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures
Key Skills & Competencies Requirements
- Strong business acumen and excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced Microsoft excel and office skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Understanding of ERP systems and its integration with respect to supply/demand functions.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Behavioural Attributes
- Results oriented
- Creativity & Innovation
- Cultural awareness
Key Performance Areas
- % decrease in logistics/shipping cost (quarterly/annually).
- Optimal storage cost per item and inventory storage per square foot.
- Utilization efficiency levels of space, labour and equipments.
- Fulfillment – timely order fulfillment, percentage of order fulfillment vs non-fulfillment, accuracy of order fulfillment.
Minimum of B.Sc. or equivalent in Business Administration or any other relevant discipline.
Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a manufacturing, warehousing, supply chain management environment/role out of which 5 must have been at managerial level.
Qualified Candidates should click on the ‘submit Cv ‘ button to upload their cv on this platform.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. If within 2 weeks of application you are not contacted. kindly accept application as unsuccessful.